The morin khuur (Mongolian)(马头琴) is a traditional Mongolian bowed stringed instrument. It is one of the most important musical instruments of the Mongol people, and is considered a symbol of the Mongolian nation. The instrument consists of a trapezoid wooden-framed sound box to which two strings are attached. It is held nearly upright with the sound box in the musician’s lap or between the musician’s legs. The strings are made from hairs from nylon or horses’ tails, strung parallel, and run over a wooden bridge on the body up a long neck, past a second smaller bridge, to the two tuning pegs in the scroll, which is usually carved into the form of a horse’s
Here is the list of Morin khuur (马头琴) MP3 in our media library.
- Galloping Horses(万马奔腾, wàn mǎ bēn téng, Morin khuur ,马头琴)
- Gada Mairen（嘎达梅林，Ga Da Mei Lin, Morin khuur ,马头琴)
- The Night of Grassland(草原之夜, Cao Yuan Zhi Yie, Morin khuur,马头琴)
- In that place wholly farway(在那遥远的地方,Zai Na Yao Yuan De Di Fang,Morin khuur,马头琴 )
- Why Are the Flowers So Red(花儿为什么这样红, Hua Er Wei Shen Me Zhe Yang Hong,Morin khuur,马头琴)
Back to our Chinese Classical Music Media Library main page.