The Chinese sheng (笙 ) is a mouth-blown free reed instrument consisting of vertical pipes.
It is one of the oldest Chinese instruments, with images depicting its kind dating back to 1100 BC, and there are actual instruments from the Han era that have been preserved today. Traditionally,the sheng has been used as an accompaniment instrument for solo suona or dizi performances. It is one of the main instruments in kunqu and some other forms of Chinese opera. Traditional small ensembles also make use of the sheng, such as the wind and percussion ensembles in northern China. In the modern large Chinese orchestra, it is used for both melody and accompaniment
Here is the list of Sheng (笙 ) MP3 in our media library.
- Tai Hang Nostalgia(太行乡情, Tai Hang Xiang Qing, Sheng, 笙)
- Tunes of the Shanxi Opera(晋调, Jin Diao, Sheng, 笙)
- Su Wu Tending Sheep(苏武牧羊, Su Wu Mu Yang, Sheng,笙)
- The Worship Song(朝元歌, Chao Yuan Ge,S heng, 笙)
- Jasmine Flower(茉莉花, Mo Li Hua,Sheng,笙)
Back to our Chinese Classical Music Media Library main page.
Leave a Reply