The Xiao ( 箫 ) is a Chinese vertical end-blown flute. It is generally made of dark brown bamboo (called “purple bamboo” in Chinese). An ancient name for the xiāo is shùdí (竖笛, “vertical bamboo flute”). The Xiāo is a very ancient Chinese instrument usually thought to have developed from a simple end-blown flute used by the Qiang people of Southwest China. The modern six-hole form of the instrument goes back to the Ming Dynasty.
Here is the list of Xiao ( 箫 ) MP3 in our media library.
- Along the River During the Qingming Festival (清明上河图, Qing Ming Shang He Tu, Xiao, 箫)
- Autumn Moon over the Calm Lake(平湖秋月, Ping Hu Qiu Yue, Xiao, 箫)
- Memory An Old Friend (忆故人, Yi Gu Ren, Xiao, 箫)
- Wild Geese Alighting on Sand(平沙落雁, Ping Sha Luo Yan,Xiao, 箫)
- Springing Fountains(碧涧流泉, Bi Jian Liu Quan, Xiao, 箫)
- Su Wu Tending Sheep(苏武牧羊, Su Wu Mu Yang, Xiao(箫)
- Phoenix Terrace Recalling the Playing of a Flute (凤凰台上忆吹箫, Feng Huang Tai shang Yi chui xiao, Xiao, 箫)
- The Worship Song(朝元歌, Chao Yuan Ge, Xiao, 箫)
- Memorial(祭奠, Ji Dian, Xiao, 箫)
- Buddha in Hall(佛上殿, Fo Shang Dian, Xiao, 箫)
- Alongside the Dressing Table (傍妆台, Bang Zhuang Tai, Xiao, 箫)
- The Crescent Moon Rises(半个月亮爬上来,Ban Ge Yue Liang Pa Shang Lai,Xiao,箫)
Back to our Chinese Classical Music Media Library main page.
Leave a Reply